Finance your home quickly and conveniently by choosing one of our Preferred Lenders
Once you have chosen your lender, you will need to provide them with all requested documentation. Below is a loan application checklist that may be a guide for your Lender and will help complete your loan package.
Our Preferred Lenders
Discover Your Buying Power
Use our free mortgage calculator to quickly discover how much home you can afford, estimate your monthly payment, and set a down payment goal.
Qualifying with different types of income
- Qualifying Income - Must have 2 years of Income history to qualify (ex: W2, Self-employed or 1099 employee).
- Rental Income - Must have 2 years of rental income history to qualify (Programs may vary).
- Other Forms: Social Security, commission, car allowances, child support, interest, and dividend income. See a mortgage professional for additional forms that may qualify.
The following assets may be resources for your down payment and must be verified by your lender
- IRAs, Thrifting saving plans, 401(k) and Keogh accounts
- Stocks and bonds
- Savings bonds
- Gift Funds
- Sale of personal property
- Downpayment assistance programs
- Sales of real estate
- Collateralized loans
- Disaster relief grants and loans
- Employer assistance programs
Different loan programs have different requirements
- FHA loans: Can be approved with a credit score of 580.
- Conventional Loans: Requires a credit score of 620 *Note: Most lenders require a 640 credit score.
Good credit profile = Better Rates.
Factors that weigh on your credit score: Payment history, outstanding credit balances, credit history, debit/credit ratio, type of credit, and inquiries.
FHA, Conventional, and VA all have different requirements. Consult your loan officer per specific qualifying requirements.
Employment history of at least 2 years
- Education counts as history
- Self - employment must be greater than 2 years by the same business with tax returns
W2 -tax returns may be required.